WELCOME TO CHINA! Nin hao!
Travel around the world at Disney‘s Epcot! Discover 12 international pavilions surrounding the World Showcase Lagoon, one of which is the stunning China Pavilion.
China… the exotic architectural beauty of the pavilion will first catch your eye. Enter through the inspiring Gate of the Golden Sun patterned after the East Gate of the Summer Palace in Beijing.
Take time to wander the paths and snap a few photos around the tranquil lily pond surrounded by plantings native to China. During Epcot’s International Flower & Garden Festival, you may happen upon this Chinese dragon topiary to greet you!
Cross the stone bridge to the majestic Temple of Heaven… a replica of the 800 year old landmark in Beijing’s Forbidden City. Step inside the rotunda and look up to its dome to view the intricately tiled dragon. The acoustics are amazing… stand at the exact center and you will hear your voice echo back to you! Be sure to catch a showing of the Circle Vision 360º movie… Reflections of China… and see the awe-inspiring scenery of this country.
Enjoy fine dining at Nine Dragons Restaurant with its imperial decor of ornate wood carvings, glass etchings and colorful lanterns. Choose from Szechuan, Hunan, Mongolian and Cantonese specialties…
- Treasure Spring Rolls — crispy, flaky Dim Sum… filled with Chicken, Shrimp & Fish
- General Tso’s Chicken Bao Buns… Chinese rolls filled with lightly battered chicken & topped with the General’s famous sauce
- Honey Sesame Chicken… covered with a delicate honey glaze & sesame seeds
…And for dessert…
- Chinese Ginger Cake… a rich gingery treat
Opening onto the courtyard of the China Pavilion is the Lotus Blossom Cafe… featuring open air dining with a view to the Temple of Heaven. Try their Orange Chicken & Pot Stickers… paired with a Chinese Tsingtao Beer… refreshing!
Stroll out by the lake to discover the Joy of Tea stand… offering a taste of the Orient with Lychee, Oolong and Jasmine teas. Try their Bubble Milk Tea… a creamy blend of Peach Black Tea, Milk, Tapioca Pearls & Simple Syrup. Yet their most popular offerings are their specialty drinks…
- Mango Gingerita — Mango Juice, Ginger Ale, Vodka & Light Rum
- Canto Loopy — Cantaloupe Juice & Vodka
- Peach Snap! — Iced Peach Tea & Peach Schnapps
Try a truly unique libation… perhaps the most popular drink in all the World Showcase pavilions…
- Tipsy Ducks in Love… featuring a creamy concoction of cold Black Tea, Coffee and Chocolate topped with Bourbon Whiskey and Whipped Cream… wow!
Look for the Guardian Lions or Shishi at the entrance of the House of Good Fortune to find authentic gifts… porcelain, traditional apparel, jewelry and even puppets. Remember your visit to the China Pavilion with a paper umbrella personalized with your name in Chinese characters… or opt for a traditional Chinese straw hat to protect you from the Florida sun. Zài jiàn! See you again!