50’S PRIME TIME CAFÉ — TRAVEL BACK IN TIME
Turn back the clock to the era of the 50’s… when meals revolved around family and Mom’s home cooking. 50’s Prime Time Café at Hollywood Studios… rated by Eater as “The Single Best Restaurant at Disney World”… offers throwback comfort food in a setting of yesteryear.
Step inside this nostalgic eatery and enter a 1950’s sitcom. Think… “I Love Lucy”… “Father Knows Best”… “Leave It to Beaver”. Disney has paid meticulous attention to every detail in this authentic vintage restaurant.
Retro abounds here… Formica tables, linoleum floors, kitschy decor. Yet the star at each table is the beloved black & white TV. TV’s were a novelty back in the 50’s and families watched TV together… especially at dinnertime. Reruns of classic sitcoms and “The Mickey Mouse Club” can be enjoyed during your meal at 50’s Prime Time Café.
Mom’s home cooking is the theme here… hearty comfort food that is also surprisingly tasty.
- A Sampling of Mom’s Favorite Recipes — A medley of…
- Mom’s Old-Fashioned Pot Roast… “slow cooked ’til fork tender”
- Aunt Liz’s Golden Fried Chicken… deep fried southern style
- Cousin Megan’s Traditional Meatloaf… savory blend of Beef & Pork… served with all the “Fixings”
- Dad’s Stuffed Pork Chop — Filled with Gouda, Apples & Herbs… drizzled with Demi-Glace & served with Roasted Potatoes & Carrots
- Grandma’s Chicken Pot Pie — Chicken, Mushrooms, Onions, Carrots & Peas in Creamy Cheese Sauce topped with Flaky Pastry
- Grandpa’s Crab Cake — Lump Crab Cake with Bacon & Chili Sauce served on Succotash Salad
- Beer Battered Onion Rings — Fried crispy & golden brown served with Horseradish Sauce
- Cousin Amy’s Iceberg Lettuce Wedge — Topped with Ranch Dressing, Bacon & Chives
The restaurant’s ambience is like eating with family. Even the wait staff is in character… doling out playful teasing and admonitions to “behave“, “sit up straight” and “finish your vegetables“. If you do… you just may get to enjoy these awesome desserts…
- Dad’s Favorite Chocolate Peanut Butter Layered Cake — Rich & moist cake à la mode topped with Whipped Cream & drizzled with Chocolate Sauce
- Ice Cream Sundae — Chocolate Brownie topped with Vanilla Ice Cream, Hot Fudge, Caramel Sauce & Whipped Cream… decorated with Chocolate Candies, Caramel Corn & a Cherry
Tune-In Lounge… just off the main entry of 50’s Prime Time Café… is a hidden gem at Hollywood Studios. It’s a perfect site to escape the Florida heat and enjoy refreshments… in the same reminiscent themed decor of the 50’s.
Step up to the bar… impressive in its retro design… and choose from a selection of unique wines and beers plus specialty cocktails like…
- Dad’s Electric Lemonade — Vodka, Blue Curaçao, Sweet & Sour, Sprite decorated with a Glow Cube
- Mowie Wowie — Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Melon Liqueur, Peach Schnapps, Orange & Pineapple Juices
- Magical Star Cocktail — X-Fusion Mango & Passion Fruit Liqueurs, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Pineapple Juice adorned with a Glow Cube
- Patrón Platinum Margarita — Patrón Silver Tequila, Cointreau, Sweet & Sour, Lime Juice
Whether the 50’s era is a walk down memory lane… or a new experience… you will be immersed in the nostalgia at 50’s Prime Time Café and Tune-In Lounge at Hollywood Studios. Have a blast in the past!